I couldn’t give you just one healthified Valentines day recipe this week – I had to give you TWO! I know I said the vegan chocolate raspberry coconut cups were my new favorite dessert, but now I am very conflicted….because vegan avocado fudge! Yes, you read that right. Avocado fudge. Swoon. So creamy + fudgey + chocolatey + rich. I am obsessed with this stuff.
Go pick up some avocados & get to it friends – Dreamy vegan fudge needs to be in your kitchen asap!
Avocado is natures butter. If I handed you this fudge – you would never guess avocado is in it. Seriously. It’s there in place of butter & is a beautiful healthy fat (aka less guilt!). Win win. The texture is silky smooth and oh so addicting.
Another bonus with this recipe? You keep the fudge in the freezer so whenever you have a craving for something sweet & chocolatey – it’s readily available. This is both super convenient & very scary (because I could easily eat it all in one sitting!).
I hope you all love this vegan avocado fudge as I do. Valentines day is all about spreading the love so make a batch or two and pass it out to all your loved ones. You don’t have to say its vegan or has avocado in it. It can be our little fun secret 😉
5 reasons you should make this vegan avocado fudge:
- It’s healthified & you would never know it!
- The prep time is only 10 minutes!
- It’s perfectly rich & creamy
- You store it in your freezer so its accessible whenever you have a chocolate craving!
- You can’t even taste the avocado! (even though I do love avocado)
- 1 1 /2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or any if not vegan)
- ⅔ cup coconut cream (see notes)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 large avocados
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line a 6x6 or comparable size pan with parchment paper (so the fudge doesn't stick).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add your chocolate chips, coconut cream, unsweetened cocoa, coconut sugar, vanilla and sea salt. Stir frequently until all is melted, silly and smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add your avocados and blend until completely. Add in your chocolate sauce and again blend until smooth (have a little taste test!).
- Pour into your prepared pan, sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts, cover and place in the freezer to firm up (4-6 hours). When ready to eat remove from freezer & eat immediately or let soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!