Oh my. There are no words for how insanely delicious this 20-minute easy vegan cheese sauce is. That’s why it’s life changing.
The options are truly endless for how you can use this! Nachos, tacos, chips, veggie dip. Straight out of the jar with a spoon. Yes, I so did that. It’s too good friends! No more sacrificing with the “cheese” in your life.
This is your new cheesy best friend.
The amazing part about this sauce? There is absolutely no dairy – no nuts – all wholesome ingredients. Are you dying to know just what’s in it?
THAT is it. Crazy right? This is truly a new favorite recipe of mine. When it’s healthy, wholesome, easy & delicious – I simply cannot ask for more!
Make this. Trust me. The next recipe I will be posting uses this easy vegan cheese sauce & you will so want to make it! Be prepared sweet friends!
5 reasons you should make this life changing easy vegan cheese sauce:
- It’s so, so easy to make!
- It is so close to dairy cheese sauce you will be seriously amazed
- Leftovers are ridiculously tasty
- Nachos will never be the same
- The flavor & consistency is on point
- 1½ cups chopped & peeled yukon potatoes (packed cup)
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots (packed cup)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2½ Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Chop your potatoes & carrots into half inch pieces (this way they cook fast).
- Place in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil & then reduce to medium. Let simmer for 12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes & carrots and add to a high powered blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth (scraping down the sides as necessary). Enjoy!
- Leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for a week.
- To use leftover sauce add a little almond milk to thin until you have reached your desired consistency and heat up in the microwave or in a small saucepan.