If I had to chose a savory dish to eat everyday this Fall, this would be it my friends. Warm roasted delicata squash & sweet potatoes, kale, hearty quinoa, pomegranate seeds and creamy pumpkin dressing (not to mention amazingly colorful). Complete heaven. This is your answer to staying healthy this Fall!
Plant-based nutritious power in a big ol’ bowl. So YUM.
What’s a bliss bowl you ask? A funky name for healthy & hearty ingredients piled into a bowl. Easy enough!
What’s pumpkin goddess dressing? Well It was created from an idea I had a few weeks ago. It’s a creamy dressing comprised of pumpkin puree, tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice and almond milk. SO good you will feel like a goddess (or god for men?!). Regardless, this stuff is insanely delicious and is a new staple for Fall in our household. Especially since all you do is throw everything into a food processor and blend. That’s it. Oh how I love easy recipes.
BTW I swear delicata squash is candy. Seriously. I sure eat it like it is. So sweet. It pairs perfectly with the earthy + crunchy kale & citrusy pomegranate seeds. Food harmony at its finest.
I love me a salad but they usually don’t keep me full for long. That’s why I LOVE these fall bliss bowls. They keep you feeling full + satisfied & with zero guilt. We all need that in the upcoming months. It’s the perfect meal to eat this Fall & Winter to keep you staying healthy in-between all the holiday indulgences (because we know there will be lots of those!).
I doubled this recipe at the beginning of the week & it has been my lunch every day so far. You know it’s good when even leftover + reheated it’s delicious.
Make it. Eat it. Love it. I KNOW you are going to be just as obsessed as I am.
5 reasons you should make this fall bliss bowl with pumpkin goddess dressing:
- It’s 100% healthy and satisfying
- The fall flavors are amazing
- It will warm you up & keep you feeling full
- You can whip it up in less than an hour
- It’s perfect for meal prep
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup quinoa + 2 cups water
- 1 bunch kale (I used dino)
- ½ lemon + 1 tsp olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds
Pumpkin goddess dressing
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out squash and sweet potatoes. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil + a generous sprinkle of sea salt & pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until both are soft.
- In the meantime prepare quinoa. In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is evaporated.
- Make kale be massaging kale, lemon juice and olive oil (see notes). Set aside.
- To make pumpkin dressing, add all ingredients to a food processor/blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as desired, more maple syrup for sweetness or lemon juice for acidity. if you would like a thinner consistency add more almond milk/water 1 tsp at a time.
- Once squash & sweet potato are done it's time to assemble your bowls.
- Arrange quinoa, kale, sweet potato, squash, and pomegranate seeds (use as many as desired) in bowls. Top with pumpkin dressing and enjoy.
- Leftovers will keep covered in fridge up to 5 days.