I have a true love with mashed potatoes. I mean who doesn’t love them? Creamy, smooth, carb-y, buttery. Heaven my friends! But with that comes some massive calories. With my wedding slowly approaching (4 months, ah!) and bikini season (meh) I am working on healthifying my favorite comfort foods.
I took my beloved mashed potatoes and in turn made easy garlic cauliflower mash & let me tell you what, I am in love! Who knew cauliflower could be reminiscent of mashed potatoes? Not me. But I am SO thrilled with the results. Trust me, you are going to want to make these.
Recipes like this are my favorite. I am a lazy cook by nature, I don’t like to “slave” in the kitchen. Give me easy and somewhat quick recipes and I am a happy gal. This recipe is just that.
Cut up cauliflower into florets
Steam up cauliflower with veggie stock
Process cauliflower into puree (with all the goods)
Add vegan parmesan
Add fresh chopped chives
It’s as simple as that my friends. A big bowl full of healthy & satisfying goodness. You just can’t beat it!
I challenge you to make this dish for your friends & family, they will all be fooled into thinking it’s the real thing (I won’t tell them if you won’t hehe). It’s an easy way to sneak in more veggies into not only your own diet but your family (especially kids) as well! Major win, win.
There is something so magical about creating a healthified version of one of your favorite foods. It goes to show you that healthy and vegan foods can be delicious & easy to make and to me that’s what this blog is all about. All the feels.
5 reasons you should make this easy garlic cauliflower mash:
- Ready in under 30-minutes
- Easily fool people into thinking it’s the real deal
- Absolutely no guilt
- Minimal prep time & ingredients needed
- Satisfying & filling
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- Slice the ends off your cauliflower and remove leaves. Cut into small florets.
- In a medium/large saucepan add cauliflower florets and veggie broth. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the head to a low simmer and cover. Cook for about 15-18 minutes (mine took 18) or until the cauliflower is just fork tender.
- Drain your cauliflower and place in a food processor. Add garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper and puree until completely smooth. Add in your vegan parmesan and give it a couple pulses.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in your chopped chives. Top with a fresh sprinkling off fresh ground pepper. Enjoy!