It’s the new year & most of us are trying to eat a little healthier and sneak in more greens. If you’re anything like me its hard to cut back on carbs (seriously I love them too much). So when I was craving nachos I began to brainstorm how I could healthify them so I can eat them without guilt (& a tummy ache). Ding ding ding – use sliced sweet potatoes instead of tortilla chips. One bite in & I knew this was a magical recipe.
I told you that you needed to make my life changing vegan cheese sauce! So now you can make the best EVER vegan sweet potato nachos. Seriously its nacho time!
The topping choices are truly endless. The ones I chose are all optional (but insanely delicious). Except for the cheese sauce. That is NOT optional my friends. Trust me, you need to slather that on top. You will not regret it.
I love when I create a new recipe that becomes a staple in our household. Sweet potato nachos are definitely on that list now! I can’t wait to experiment with fun toppings & flavors. Be creative & use whatever is in your pantry + fridge. Healthy and easy for the win!
5 reasons you should make these best ever vegan sweet potato nachos:
- They are perfectly filling & amazingly healthy
- You can whip these up super quickly for an easy dinner or appetizer
- No one would ever guess they are vegan
- You can eat nachos without any guilt
- The ingredients are minimal & wholesome (not to mention customizable!)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- S&P to taste
- Batch oflife changing vegan cheese sauce (or cheese of your choice)
- ⅓ cup black beans
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion (cut into tiny pieces)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado (cut into small cubes)
- Sliced jalepeno (optional)
- lime (for squeezing on top)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into ¼ inch rounds. Place potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a plate (or use baking sheet for less dishes).
- Add toppings to your liking - have fun with it! This is just a topping guide. Enjoy!