Friends, can you believe the holidays are over & the new year is in just a few short days? So, so crazy! If you’re like me you had one too many sugar cookies + glasses of wine the past week. My body is craving wholesome & nutrient dense food.
I have JUST what you need. Beet the cold berry power smoothie. Full of Vitamin C + fiber + antioxidants +. Perfect for restarting your healthy eating and of course the new year!
The good news? This yummy smoothie takes less than 10-minutes to whip up. I love having mine first thing in the morning or right after a workout. Seriously refreshing. Seriously healthy. Seriously delicious.
Now go make it!
I hope you all have a magical New years Eve/Day weekend filled with laughter, lots of love & good eats!
Thank you all for following along on this plant based journey with me & being the absolute best readers, friends & inspiration. You are truly what keeps me going. I look forward to a fun & of course yummy 2017!
5 reasons you have to make this beet the cold power smoothie:
- It’s perfect for a detox/refreshing after all the holiday splurging
- Your body will thank you
- The color of the smoothie is gorgeous & the flavor is spot on
- It’s full of fiber & antioxidants & will give you power!
- It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk or choice)
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ⅓ cup shredded beet (from about 1 medium beet)
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional but adds a nice sweetness)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste & adjust flavors as necessary - maple syrup for sweetness, lime juice for acidity, etc.