Oh fries, you have my true heart. I have always been a fry gal. I can’t help it, they are too good! But the problem is they’re fried & not so healthy so I unfortunately can’t eat them every day (darn it). So in my effort to fix my cravings I came up with a perfect solution – baked carrot fries! With a drool worth avocado chimichurri dipping sauce, because we all know the sauce is just as important as the fries!
Let me tell you what – my tastebuds did a happy dance in my mouth when I tasted this incredible combo. The baked carrot fries remind me of sweet potato fries (so yum) & the sauce is just the perfect creamy + vibrant counterpart. So YES you (& I) can now have fries everyday – bakes carrot fries that is!
The avocado chimichurri is pure heaven. The added addition of avocado creates an ultra creamy consistency that is just to die for. Cilantro, avocado, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, s&p. All wholesome ingredients. Throw everything into your food processor or blender & you’re done!
I know you are just going to love these baked carrot fries with avocado chimichurri dipping sauce! Serve them as a snack for lunch or as an easy side with dinner. Kids AND adults will enjoy these tasty fries, you’re welcome moms!
5 reasons to make these baked carrot fries with avocado chimichurri dipping sauce:
- They are perfect for when you want fries but without the guilt
- The avocado chimichurri sauce is seriously incredible (try it on some toast!)
- They are so simple to make requiring minimal ingredients
- The fries make for the perfect, easy side dish
- Kids will absolutely love them (yay for making veggies taste amazing!)
- 2 Lbs carrots
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ juiced lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Healthy pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut your carrots into fry size pieces (the smaller the better!)
- Put all carrot fries into a large bowl and add oil, sea salt, paprika and pepper. Toss with a spoon to fully combine ingredients. Place carrots on the baking sheet in an even layer so they bake consistently.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 minutes
- In the mean time make your avocado chimichurri sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth.
- After the fries have been in the oven for 12 minutes, flip over the fries so the other side gets evenly baked. Bake for an addition 12-15 minutes or until carrot fries turn a slight golden brown.
- Remove from oven & serve immediately with sauce. Enjoy!