If there’s anything I love, its muffins. There is definitely not a shortage of muffin recipes here on Nutritional Foodie. Bran muffins, cranberry orange bran muffins, lemon poppyseed zucchini muffins and chia cherry muffins. I told you, I just love them!
But there was one missing. CHOCOLATE! My dear friend chocolate. This needed to change immediately so I got to work… & created the most chocolatey + decadent + moist + perfectly sweet chocolate muffins.
All my muffin recipes have two things in common (besides being vegan), they’re naturally sweetened & super easy to make. This is accomplished by using coconut sugar, coconut oil & maple syrup. Oh, & unsweetened cocoa + vegan chocolate chips. Pure heaven!
These vegan double chocolate muffins are also amazing since they require just 1- bowl to make. Because there is more to life than doing a sink full of dishes am I right?
I know you are going to just love these 1-bowl vegan double chocolate muffins! For a balanced breakfast I recommend one of these bad boys paired with my beet the cold smoothie. A win win in the nutrition department! So yum.
5 reasons you should make these 1-bowl vegan double chocolate muffins:
- All you need is 30 short minutes!
- They’re perfectly moist & chocolatey
- They are naturally sweetened & made with wholesome ingredients
- All you need is 1-bowl (yay for minimal dirty dishes!)
- They made the best quick breakfast or mid afternoon snack
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (can sub ap flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1½ tsp baking
- 1 tsp baking
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 9 liners.
- In a large bowl add flours, cocoa, coconut sugar, ground flax, baking powder & soda and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Next add almond milk, apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix until just combined (careful not to over mix!). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop (this works best!), scoop equal portions into the liners. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if you like!
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.Enjoy!